In support of our brave U.S. Military members and veterans, we’re proud to provide local Saline County shoppers exclusive access to the GM Military Discount program. Known as the auto industry’s best military offer, the GM Military Discount is how General Motors—and our Marshall car dealership—recognizes and salutes the men and women who are committed to our country.
Are you a member of the military or a retiree looking for a deal on a new car? Review General Motors Military Discount details, eligibility, and program benefits below to see how you can save thousands on your next new Chevrolet, GMC, or Buick.
GM Military Discount: Details
Eligible members approved for the General Motors Military Discount will be able to purchase or lease a new vehicle below MSRP. For extra savings, the Military Discount can even be applied on top of the GM Mobility reimbursement, GM Rewards Car Earnings, and other current GM offers and special deals provided by your GM dealer.
Applicants needn’t finance through GM Financial or at McCarthy Chevrolet Buick GMC, either. Military members may apply for and obtain a car loan through any other financial institute, bank, or lender, while still being able to take full advantage of the Military Discount.
Authentic GM accessories aren’t covered by this discount. However, we have various OEM car parts specials that may help you reduce costs.
Members will also be enrolled in the GM Rewards program, which provides points that can be redeemed to purchase GM accessories, auto service, parts, and much more.
GM Military Discount: Eligibility
Eligible Chevy, Buick & GMC Vehicles
Applicants can use the full military special offer on the purchase or lease of most new Chevrolet, GMC, and Buick models, including the following:
- Blazer (excludes FWD base)
- Bolt EV
- Colorado (excludes Base)
- Equinox (excludes L)
- Malibu (excludes L)
- Traverse (excludes L)
- Encore (excludes 1SV)
- Envision (excludes 1SV)
- Regal (excludes 1SV)
- Acadia (excludes SL)
- Canyon (excludes SL)
- Terrain (excludes SL)
- Yukon XL
Several unused 2019 and 2018 GM vehicles are also eligible. This includes SUVs, sedans, crossovers, midsize trucks, light-duty trucks, HD pickups, and cargo vans.
Applicants can purchase or lease up to two vehicles per calendar year, and the vehicle must be retained for at least six months to maintain eligibility.
Speak with your GM dealer for additional details and availability.
*Note: Model eligibility is subject to change. Please refer to the complete updated list of vehicles here.
Exclusive pricing on eligible, new vehicles is available to the following:
- Active Duty members
- National Guard members
- Veterans within three years of discharge date
- Retirees of the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard
Eligible military personnel are also able to sponsor their spouse and household members.
Veterans must provide verification via a DD214 form.
Retirees must provide verification via any of the following:
- Retiree Account Statement (eRAS)
- Retiree Verification of Pay Letter
- Retiree Separation Orders (Reserve or National Guard)
- Retiree Uniformed Services ID Card
- DAVPRM Uniformed Services ID Card
- Letter from VA showing service-connected evaluation is 100%
All program participants must provide proof of U.S. residency. If serving overseas, you can participate so long as delivery is in the U.S.
Getting Approved: Easy as 1-2-3
GM has made it very simple to take advantage of any GMC, Buick, or Chevy Military Discount. Three steps—that’s all it takes.
- Shop online for the right new car, truck, or SUV at your dealership. (View our available new GM vehicles for sale in Marshall, MO.)
- Log in with your ID.me account to request an authorization number through GM’s official site, and bring this authorization number with you when visiting your car dealer. (Authorization numbers expire after 90 days, so please speak with a GM dealer near you prior to that expiration date.)
- Set up a test drive or swing by your dealership.
If there were a step four, it would be: “Drive home happier than a pig in fresh mud.”
View Other Special Offers on New GM Vehicles
In addition to the General Motors Military Discount and our new specials on Chevy, GMC, and Buick models, GM also offers the following programs and deals:
- GM First Responder Discount – EMTs, firefighters, police officers, and other first responders help others. It’s our turn to give back. Members get up to 15% off OnStar plans and Connected Services; enrollment in My GM Rewards; and additional savings off vehicle MSRP.
- GM College Discount – You’re working hard to secure your future, and GM wants to treat you. College students and recent graduates can receive exclusive GM lease offers, 90-day payment deferrals, GM Rewards membership, and savings off vehicle MSRP.
- GM Educator Discount – Teaching is often a thankless job, but GM dealers think educators deserve a big heap or praise. If you’re an educator, you’re eligible to receive a great lease offer on a new Buick, GMC, or Chevy vehicle, as well as My GM Rewards club membership.
- GM Family First Discount – If you’re a General Motors employee, you’ll have access to special pricing on new Chevrolet, GMC, and Buick vehicles. These discounts can even be passed on to friends.
For more information about any new vehicle specials available at our car dealership near Warrensburg, please contact us at 660-886-7495. As your dedicated auto dealer serving Higginsville, Moberly, and Marshall, we want to thank all U.S. Military members for their service.
Sources & photos: