A husband and wife walk into a Chevy dealership. On the showroom floor are three SUVs.
The husband asks the wife, “Honey, which of these SUVs should our lovely family purchase?”
The wife investigates the first Chevy crossover, a nice, new Trax. “This one’s got a lot of charm,” she says, “but it’s a bit too small for us.”
She turns and investigates the second SUV, a Chevrolet Traverse. “I really like all the amenities in here,” she says, “but I don’t think we need eight seats.”
She approaches the third SUV, a 2020 Equinox. “Now this one…this one’s just right!” The husband agrees, and they live happily ever after.
We witness this Goldilocks story play out every holiday season. People venture into our Marshall Chevy dealership looking for the best SUV to buy on Christmas, and they decide on none other than the newest Equinox. It is just the right size for younger families, just stylish enough to turn a head or two, and priced just under most car shoppers’ budgets.
But is the 2020 Equinox “just right” for you? You be the judge.
High Grades for Safety
Standard on every new Chevy Equinox is a host of safety and driver-assist features, as well as a Driver Confidence Package. What features, pray tell?
- Automatic Emergency Braking – When traveling at less than 50 mph, Equinox will alert you if it detects a front-end collision is imminent. It will automatically apply brakes to avoid a collision.
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning – If you swerve out of your lane, Equinox will gently put you back on course.
- Front Pedestrian Braking – Like AES, this system warns you if a collision with a pedestrian is imminent. Brakes are applied to prevent any injuries.
- IntelliBeam® Headlamps – Your headlights will automatically switch high beams on or off depending on certain conditions (e.g. if another vehicle is in front of or passing you).
- Forward Collision Alert – The basic system powering with AES, FWA will notify you if a front-end collision is imminent.
- Rear Vision Camera – View the entire scene behind you as you reverse. Images, complete with guidelines, are sent directly to the Equinox’s color touchscreen display.
- Following Distance Indicator – Displays a “following gap” time (or headway) to any vehicle you’re following.
Additionally, the 2020 Equinox can also be purchased with available features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Rear Park Assist, Safety Alert Seat, and Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert.
63.9 Cubic Feet of Cargo Room
With the SUV’s 60/40 split-folding rear seats down, Equinox offers a world of opportunity thanks to its 63.9-cubic-foot cargo area. Even with the seats up, you’ll get 29.9 cubic feet to play around with—enough for a few golf bags, luggage, and beautifully decorated Christmas gifts that you definitely didn’t pay someone else to wrap. Plus, with its hidden underfloor compartment, you can keep the kids’ presents secret.
Great Fuel Economy
Chevy Equinox returns 26 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway—both above average in its class. The Ford Edge, in comparison, returns 21 city/29 highway. Equipped with a turbocharged engine, the ’20 Equinox returns 22 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway, which is still stellar.
Stellar Features and Tech
Part of the Equinox’s allure is its platter of high-end features and pieces of technology. Standard on all Equinox trims are items like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, two USB charging ports, a 7-inch color touchscreen, keyless open and start, OnStar® & Chevrolet Connected Services, a 12V cargo power outlet, Rear Seat Reminder, and Teen Driver.
Notable available features, which are available on higher Equinox trims, include: an 8-inch HD touchscreen, a 7-speaker sound system, dual-zone climate, a panoramic power sunroof, heated front and rear outboard seats, a rear infotainment system with DVD player, Universal Home Remote, a ventilated driver’s seat, and wireless device charging.
With Equinox’s commendable list of standard safety and entertainment features, in addition to its spacious cabin and cargo area, it’s no surprise why so many families pick this Chevy SUV over other small or midsize crossovers.
Browse Chevrolet Christmas Specials at McCarthy
Christmas comes early at McCarthy Chevy Buick GMC! Because we value convenience just as much as our shoppers, we’re privileged to now offer free delivery on any new Chevy or used car sold at our Marshall car dealership. If you live within 100 miles of our Marshall store, you qualify to get your newly purchased vehicle shipped right to your driveway. For more details, or to get your auto finance application started, contact us at 660-886-7495.
Check out our holiday car specials on the Chevrolet Equinox and all our other new vehicles for sale in Marshall. Swing by our dealership at 1550 W Arrow in Marshall, MO, to take a test drive this holiday. Have a merry Christmas and holiday season!
Sources & Photos: